Table of Contents
How to Install Stock Firmware on Honor 8 Pro
If you own an android device you will be aware about the amount of customization it provides. Custom ROM play a major role in android customization rather than icon packs and launchers. There are many communities that generate many custom ROM for different devices. Honor 8 Pro is one device out of millions for which they are active. Yes it’s also true that these custom ROM are made using various third party sources. Also it is obvious to notice some bugs which will make some working features to malfunction. In this article we will learn how to Restore stock firmware in Honor 8 Pro.
Honor 8 doesn’t sport S-Pen or any other applications that can’t be used in custom ROM. Feature like dual apps, network speed indicator in status bar and gestures can be implemented in custom ROM with ease. Stock Android that Google made doesn’t have any software codes written to support or make use of dual cameras. The device manufacturers have to implement their own special codes to make complete use of dual camera setup. This device doesn’t have a dual camera setup so there’s no worry about using custom ROM.
In many case using custom ROM we either get bored or get frustrated due to some bugs it carry. So we think of shifting to stock firmware at that time but face difficulties searching about the steps to attempt the same. All thanks goes to nanortemis an XDA developer who managed to combine all file and made a restore tool that works finely on all variants of Honor 8 Pro. Also it works with any firmware, want to know more about how to Restore stock firmware in Honor 8 Pro. continue reading this article.
- Firstly you need to have an unlocked boot-loader.
- TWRP recovery is required, but it is provided in the package.
- Install ADB and Fast-boot in your PC and don’t forget to enable USB debugging in your device.
- Download the full OTA ROM file from below provided link.
- External SD card or a USB OTG.
- Download the DUK_FullOTA_ROM_flasher zip file from the link above and extract it.
- Use twrp-3.1.1-1-duk.img if you are using a ROM in nougat currently if not use twrp-3.1.1-1-oreo-duk.img.
Copy this recovery file to ADB folder in your PC.
- Switch off Honor 8 Pro and connect to PC via USB cable holding volume down button.
- Type the following commands in fast-boot.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-1-duk.img
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp-3.1.1-1-oreo-duk.img
if you’re using the oreo recovery
Restore Honor 8 Pro to Stock Firmware
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery by keep pressing volume down up and power keys together after shutting down the device.
- Now place your ROM files into the DUK_Full_OTA_ROM_flasher folder. These are three files named something like update.zip, update_data_full_public.zip, and update_full-DUKL09I_hw_in.zip.
- Transfer the folder to an external SD card or USB OTG and insert it into your phone.
- In TWRP select install and select DUK_FullOTA_ROM_flasher zip and swipe to install.
- It will take 12-18 minutes to finish installing.
That’s it you are done installing stock firmware on your Honor 8 Pro. If you have any doubt feel free to comment below.