Quality assurance testing has become one of the most integral parts of the modern application testing life cycle. This is because modern apps consist of thousands of different elements that have crucial roles in helping their end users navigate to the user interface and perform their basic functions. The process of ensuring that all of these elements are properly placed and functional will allow the developers to maintain the utmost level of user satisfaction. The proper interactions at the UI level also help control bounce rates and user retention rates. Some of the most integral parts of modern quality assurance testing include automation testing, cross-browser testing, and regression testing.
With this article, we will explore some of the most common challenges that developers will come across while obtaining a quality assurance certification. We will also try to understand some of the most effective solutions for these problems.
Table of Contents
Reasons to Implement Quality Assurance Certifications in Modern App Testing
The user interface of modern applications consists of various complexities like media elements, forms to fill up, and easy navigation methods. The objective of all these elements is to enable the end users to easily move about the application interface and perform their basic actions. It also helps to create a bridge between the complex application infrastructure and the end users. So, it is very important for app development companies to properly implement all these elements to maintain their application quality. However, these complexities lead to certain errors and bugs in the app testing cycle that need to be properly removed before the app is forwarded to the production phase.
In case the developers implemented complete manual testing for Quality Assurance testing, this process would take several months to complete and wouldn’t be completely perfect. On the other hand, using automation testing, the app developers can not only exponentially boost the accuracy of the test cases but also complete it within just a few days. This is because automation testing is the process of initiating and executing the test cases automatically using a series of pre-written parameters and user information. Software testers leverage multiple tools for that purpose such as Appium, Espresso, and many more.
The implementation of Quality Assurance Certifications is crucial in the modern app development life cycle. This is because it helps the app developers and the app-developing organizations in various ways. Some of the most notable reasons for the use of QA certifications are as follows:
- Enhancing the Credibility: Various Quality Assurance certifications like ISO, CMMI, and Six Sigma allow the app developers to improve the credibility of the application. The implementation of these certifications will also allow the end users to trust the dependability, functionality, and data security of the application. It also provides a positive indication to the stakeholders and other partners of the company that they have added to all the established quality standards that are currently being implemented in the present application market.
- Implementing the Competitive Advantage: By implementing various Quality Assurance certifications the app developers can differentiate their app from their competitors. This also demonstrates a commitment of the app company towards maintaining quality and providing the best end-user experience to their customers. The availability of reliability and consistency helps to attract possible clients and continue expanding the target audience for the app development company.
- Improved Testing Process: While implementing the quality assurance certifications, the app developers have to evaluate and refine multiple processes related to the core infrastructure of the application. So, it has an indirect role in improving the efficiency of the app, reducing errors, and optimizing the overall workflow. So, we can say that the implementation of quality assurance certification has an overall impact on improving the productivity of the application development and testing life cycle.
- Mitigating the Risks: Due to a substantial increment in the complexity of the modern application architecture, it is always vulnerable to various functional errors that can misplace the user interface elements or completely crash the application infrastructure. However, with the implementation of quality assurance certifications, the developers can identify these vulnerabilities and all the potential risks at the early stages of the application development and testing cycle. So, it helps to avoid costly recalls, errors, or customer dissatisfaction.
- Implementation of Customer Satisfaction: Customer satisfaction is one of the key areas that all modern app-developing companies have to focus on. This is because customer satisfaction controls various important analytic parameters like user bounce rates and user retention rates. So, by using consistent QA and exceeding quality standards the app developers can gain a huge market of loyal customers and positive company reviews. All these factors will massively drive business growth in the coming years.
Common Challenges for Obtaining Quality Assurance Certification
To assist the new testers, we have mentioned the commonly faced errors during the implementation of Quality Assurance Certifications:
Understanding the Requirements for the Certification
Before implementing the quality assurance certification, the app developers must understand the requirements for these certifications. Some of the most crucial ones include app standards, security, and privacy concerns along with end-user expectations. Understanding these requirements will allow the app developers to properly customize the test case and ensure that there aren’t any errors like false positives and false negatives.
Managing the Commitment
Before beginning the quality assurance certification implementation process, the app developers must have the required support from the top management of the app developing company. This is because the support of leadership is crucial for smooth resource allocation, setting the required application goals, and establishing a quality maintenance culture within the app-developing company.
Analyzing the Gap
We recommend the app developers conduct a comprehensive gap analysis which will help them identify the current shortfalls in the organization regarding the certification requirements. So they can use this data to create a road map for improvement and ensure that the previously present loopholes are patched for smooth execution of the quality assurance testing process.
Maintaining A System for Quality Management
A quality management system will help developers maintain a robust architecture for the certification standards. While maintaining this system, the app developers should also include the documentation process, QA analysis procedures, and all the guidelines required for maintaining the quality of the application. While developing this process, we would advise the app development companies to not only include the testing and development teams but also the production and business teams. This practice will help to maintain a basic understanding of the current status of the development project.
Lack of Efficient Testing Methods
Most certifications require the developers to implement efficient testing methods to analyze the capabilities of the app. However, increasing expenses and complexities related to real device testing can pose serious challenges in this process. However, cloud platforms provide access to thousands of real devices through remote servers. These servers can be accessed from anywhere and also have hundreds of outdated devices for improved app compatibility. Cloud Platforms like LambdaTest also have additional features like native bug tracking, AI-infused test execution, and live activity logs.
Developing the Skills by Efficient Training
To eliminate the challenges required for quality assessment certification, the app developing companies must ensure that they have the required talent for this process. For instance, the app developers must shortlist those quality assurance testers who have the required expertise, experience, and educational qualifications required by the app development process. Moreover, after the recruitment process, the app developers should also deploy a robust training process which will include multiple seminars, workshops, and awareness campaigns about the modern market requirements.
The app-developing companies can also deploy a feedback system to understand the experience of the trainees. Based on this information, they can make crucial changes in the training process to make it more effective. It is also important to perform individual training instances so that each developer can work on their particular niche in QA testing and polish their skills.
Implementation of Modern QA Test Cases
Various modern quality assurance testing processes like automated regression testing and automated cross-browser testing can help developers maintain the standard of the app so that it can comply with the certification requirements. For instance, using automated testing, the app developers can automatically ensure the proper placement and functioning of all the UI elements irrespective of the user change in the operating system, device version, or any other browser parameters. Various cloud platforms like LambdaTest AI powered test orchestration and execution platforms allow the developers to execute automated browser testing on different combination OS, Browsers, and devices.
Moreover using regression testing, the app developers can ensure that after an app is updated, the new elements do not harm the functioning of the previously present UI elements on the app. So we would recommend the app developers to deploy both of these test cases after every minor update to the source code of the app infrastructure.
Use of Continuous Learning
The developers need to understand that the market for quality assurance testing is going through continuous updates and continuous changes. So, to maintain the standards of the application, the app developers constantly integrate the new additions and ensure that their individual information is updated. They can take part in various awareness campaigns, seminars, and workshops conducted by the developing communities. The app developers should also analyze the target audience and make the required changes to continuously expand their audience reach.
Implementation of Professional Guidance
For the new automation testers and developers, it is a great practice to constantly share information about the QA certification process with the higher company managers, stakeholders, and other peers. This will help them to gain professional guidance based on their experience and make the required changes to avoid errors in the certification process.
The Conclusive Views
All the challenges that we discussed in this article are quite common and can be easily removed from the quality assurance certification process using simple solutions. It is also important for the developers to understand that the exact strategy will vary depending on their project requirements, company preferences, and type of application. It is also important to gain adequate information about all the new trends and innovations in the segment of automation testing. The developers should also constantly monitor the target audience to understand their requirements and customize the app accordingly to serve a wider section of the audience. This will also help to boost the productivity of the company.