Table of Contents
How to Install Dolby Atmos on OnePlus 5
Most of us are crazy about listening to music and are careful about choosing devices with best audio quality. We all forget about one thing while choosing the device with best audio quality that is how loud and deep is the audio output of the device. Dolby Atmos is the technology that provides the best music quality, loudness and depth of music. Today most of the manufacturers are introducing Dolby Atmos technology in their devices. Most of the android based smartphones and some laptops come preloaded with Dolby Atmos technology.
All of you would be aware about OnePlus 5 the OnePlus flagship of 2017. This android based smartphone is a beast in itself with high end specifications. If you want to know about more specification about OnePlus 5, you can navigate to our article previously written. OnePlus 5T has a good audio output but it’s not the best. We feel that it mainly lags in producing good clarity music output and bass is also less. In the smartphones available at 7000 you can get good bass than OnePlus 5T because of the Dolby Atmos technology used in some 7000 price segment phones. We can use the same technology in OnePlus 5T too by just installing Dolby Atmos and can get high quality audio output from it. In this article we will discuss how to download and install Dolby Atmos on OnePlus 5 smartphone.
Dolby Atmos for OnePlus 5
In android many audio mods have been introduced till now like ViPER4Android and ARISE sound mods. Different custom ROMs developer use different audio software to improve their devices sound output. They are also used by the leading smartphone manufacturers too to give their users a haptic audio quality. Dolby Atmos is the most famous audio technology now in market and most of the manufacturers are using it their devices. For OnePlus we have no direct Dolby Atmos provided with the smartphone. We need to install it manually and for that we needs to thank guitardhero of XDA developers for developing the Dolby Atmos mod for OnePlus 5T. He has developed some codes that will port the Dolby Atmos Signal processor and GUI from Axon 7 android Oreo firmware. You can see some screenshots of Dolby Atmos on OnePlus 5 below:
ALSO READ: Who is better Razer phone or Oneplus 5t?
Download Dolby Atmos for OnePlus 5
- Filename: DolbyAtmos_Axon7_Oreo_20180117-1.zip
- Size: 83.7 MB
- Developername: guitardedhero
- Download: Android File Host
- This mod file is only tested on OnePlus 5, so don’t try it on OnePlus 5T or any other devices.
- Your OnePlus 5 must be updated to Android Oreo for proper working of this mod.
- Your OnePlus 5 must be rooted in order to install it.
- Use TWRP recovery for easy installation of this mod.
- Remember to take complete backup before you attempt the below steps.
Steps to Install Dolby Atmos on OnePlus 5
- Follow all instruction of prerequisite section completely for a safe installation.
- Copy the downloaded Dolby Atmos mod file into your phone memory.
- Reboot into TWRP recovery mod by keeping your power and volume down button together after powering the device off.
- Now select install option and navigate to the Dolby Atmos file to install it.
- Select the file and swipe left it will start installing.
- After successful installation reboot your device.
- That’s it, you are now having OnePlus 5 with Dolby Atmos technology or software installed in it.
In case we explained something wrong or if you have any doubt related to the above mentioned installation steps feel free to comment below.