Table of Contents
How to Install Substratum on Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus Without Root
Here we Updatemydroid are back with another guide that how easily and quickly you can install substratum on Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus without root. With substratum, you can try hundreds of substratum themes on your Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus without root. Read the below guide with patience to get the complete knowledge of procedure. So, let’s begin…
Substratum theme engine is basically a theme engine same as, CyanogenMod engine. By installing substratum on your android device you can try hundreds of awesome themes on your device. Later, we need to root our android device to install and run on our android smartphone but now with the release of android Oreo we can try it even without root.
Before the release of android Oreo, apart from root access we also need to install a special app called Sungstratum to successfully run Substratum on Samsung android smartphones but now Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus will come with android Oreo out of the box. We no longer need Sungstratum for our Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus.
To install Substratum app on Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus, we need to install another app called Andromeda. This app will help us to go correct with the procedure. Apart from that you will need a computer running on Windows/Mac/Linux. So now follow below steps to get the benefit.
– This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus.
– You must have a non-rooted Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus.
– A USB cable.
– A computer with Windows/Linux/Mac installed.
– Good internet connection to download the files.
– Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on your device. To enable it navigate to Settings> Developer Options> USB Debugging and OEM unlock> Enable it.
We will need to android apps- Substratum Theme Engine and Andromeda app to install Substratum on your Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus. You have to download both apps and install them on your device.
– First make sure you have completed all steps of prerequisites and download both apk files from download.
– Now open Settings then tap on Security.
– In security, enable Unknown Sources option. It is important because you are installing an apk package from third party source.
– Now move to the location where you have downloaded both apps and install them on your Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus.
– After installation complete, open Andromeda app.
– Here it says disconnected for connection status.
– Now you have to connect Galaxy S9/S9 Plus to your computer through USB cable.
– First, Download AndromedaClient-Windows-3.4.zip.
– Now extract this zip file.
– After extraction complete, double click on batch file.
– Now press on any key in order to continue.
– Here a script will run on Command Prompt window.
– Now it will launch Substratum automatically.
– First, Download AndromedaScript-Linux-3.2.zip.
– After download complete, unzip this zip file.
– Now run ./start_andromeda.sh and you have done!
– First, Download AndromedaClient-Mac-3.2.dmg.
– After download complete, open the DMG.
– Then double click on AndromedaClient.
– Here it will ask you to pick the disk image.
– Now pick the disk image which you just mounted in the file browser.
– Now click on OK.
– Here it will automatically launch Substratum.
– Now again open the Andromeda app.
– Here it will show that connected for connection status.
– Congratulations!! You have successfully installed and enabled Substratum on Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus without root. Here the drawback is that you have redo these steps when you reboot your device. The reason is, Substratum service stops on every reboot.
Comment below friends if you face any problems while installing or enabling Substratum on Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus without root. Stay tuned with Updatemydroid to get more regular updates and development of Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus.