Table of Contents
Download and Install Android Oreo Beta on Nokia 6
In 2017, Nokia after a long time came back to the mobile market with its android smartphones Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6 at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Along with this smartphones it also managed to introduce the advanced version of old Nokia 3310 classic which was one of the most liked smartphones of 2000 era. One thing to remember about Nokia is that it was purchased by HMD Global in 2016 and all development and selling right were taken way by HMD Global and they introduced new smartphones in market.
One mistake Nokia committed was its decision of not introducing android smartphones. Nokia earlier decided to continue with smartphones running windows operating system that is the Lumia series but ended up in vain. The demand of Lumia series in market was very less and company had to suffer huge loses. Also the launch or introduction of android smartphones by Nokia was delayed almost 7 years long.
Recently Nokia introduced the Nokia 6 smartphone which is a mid-ranged flagship smartphone with all the decent specification. Earlier they launched Nokia 8 which was the flagship smartphone from Nokia in 2017. Talking about the software part of Nokia it generally has very less customization or skin applied on the stock android so it gives us full feel of stock android and don’t limits the processing speed. Because of its software nearness to stock android the company would roll out updates as soon as latest versions of android are released.
ALSO READ: Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Vernee M5
Nokia has a strong promise to its customers for releasing the security patches as soon as the google releases them and they also fulfils that promise. When Nokia devices were launches it was out running on Android Nougat because at that time it was the latest launch but now Android 8.0 Oreo is in market.
As per the market Nokia rolled out an Android Oreo update for its flagship that is Nokia 8 with the latest security patch from google but their other models didn’t get an update. Even after their promises they didn’t release an update of Android Oreo for their mid range smartphones like Nokia 3, Nokia 5, Nokia 6 etc. Also they were saying of introducing Nokia 2 with Oreo 8.1 software with certain new specifications in market soon.
After the pressure form the customers Nokia has finally decided to roll out updates for Nokia 6 that is they agreed to provide Android Oreo update to their users. The update they currently launched is in beta version and for those who want to test this beta version they have to sign up in Nokia Beta Labs website. Their are chances of getting problems in daily usage after this update because this is a beta version and contains many bugs.
In India the beta update has already rolled out and other countries need to wait for sometime to get the latest update. They are planning to release the original stable version of Android Oreo as soon as their testing phase gets over. The update that all the users are getting is of v5.140 and the size of the update was noted to be 1799.3 MB.
Steps to download and install Android Oreo Beta on Nokia 6
- First of all go to the Nokia Beta labs website and register yourself with the details given during purchase to get the update.
- Now click on the Sign up button for signing in for Nokia Beta Labs and enrol to get the updates for Nokia 6.
- Afterwards you need to accept their terms and conditions or agreement license to enrol for Android Oreo Beta update.
- After successful sign up you will receive a message “Welcome to Forefront of Android”. Now scroll down to bottom of page and input the IMEI number of device and the Network operators name.
- Click on I agree the beta software license terms and register to Beta Labs.
- After clicking Register button you will get a confirmation message and then your Nokia device would get an OTA update.
- Now click on download update from smartphone and install it. That’s it your device is now running on the Oreo Beta update with latest December security patch.
Warning: Keep in mind this update is a beta version and contains many bugs so wait for the original update if you fear of device malfunctioning.