Download and Install System less Xposed on Android Oreo
Xposed module is used by most of the smartphone users who had rooted their device and want to customize their smartphone. Last year the development of Xposed framework was paused as the developer of Xposed framework was caught up in other commitments. As a result the Xposed framework for Nougat 7.0 was released just before the launch of Android Oreo. After that he has put his maximum time and bought to us the latest Xposed framework for Android Oreo.
Do you know that there is an alternative available for Xposed framework now in market? Yes it’s true, it is named Magisk. I will discuss about it and mention the difference between Xposed and Magisk further in this article. For using Xposed you need to install it in your machine using a custom recovery like TWRP and it is a system dependent method of customization. For installing a custom recovery you need to unlock the bootloader and install custom recovery like TWRP.
On the other hand Magisk can easily be installed using the stock recovery that comes with your phone inbuilt. It is a system-less method of customization and using it will not cause any damage to your system which is not the case with Xposed framework. So people nowadays are preferring Magisk over Xposed framework because of its system less approach and compatibility with Stock Recovery.
The developer of Xposed framework named rovo89 has puts the latest Xposed version for Android Oreo with its respective source code in. XDA forumAfter that developer topjohnwu used that source code and made a system less version of Xposed for Android 8.0 Oreo. This conversion from system dependent to system less was always happening but this release was appreciable as it was developed and launched within days after the launch of Xposed for Android Oreo.
For using Android versions from 8.0 onwards you need to install Magisk in your device. By installing it you bypass SafetyNet lock which enables features like Android Pay, Samsung Pay and other banking applications that is not available for use in all smartphones now. Follow the below steps to install system less Xposed using Magisk Installer.
- You need to have Magisk Installer installed in your smartphone.
- Charge your device and keep battery level more than 60%.
- Take backup of your device before attempting further steps to recover device if anything goes wrong.
Steps to install System less Xposed on Android Oreo
- Open Magisk manager application and click on ☰ icon on top left side of application.
- A menu will open and from that select downloads option
- Scroll down and find Xposed Installer fromit.
- Now in Xposed installer select Android Oreo with API 26 and 27 to download and install it. It will look like the screenshot below.
- That’s it you are done with installation.
Use it and explore more options and if you find anything interesting or have any doubt related to it comment below.