How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Asus ZenFone 2 Laser (Z00L/Z00T)
Good News for all the Android users. Now you can install Lineage OS 15 on Asus ZenFone 2 Laser (Z00L/Z00T). Here’s the guide about How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Asus ZenFone 2 Laser (Z00L/Z00T) (Android 8.1.0 Oreo). Follow the guide perfectly for Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Asus ZenFone 2 Laser (Z00L/Z00T).
What Is LineageOS?
LineageOS Android Distribution is a free and open-source operating system for smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform. It is the successor to the highly popular custom ROM CyanogenMod, from which it was forked in December 2016 when Cyanogen Inc. announced it was discontinuing development and shut down the infrastructure behind the project. Since Cyanogen Inc. retained the rights to the Cyanogen name, the project rebranded its fork as LineageOS. LineageOS was officially launched on December 24, 2016, with the source code available on GitHub. Since that time LineageOS development builds now cover more than 178 phone models with over 1.7 million installs, having doubled its user base in the month February–March 2017. SOURCE
What Is Android Oreo?
Android 8.x “Oreo” is a version of the Android mobile operating system. It was first released as an alpha quality developer preview in March 2017 and released to the public on August 21, 2017. It contains a number of major features, including notification grouping, picture-in-picture support for video, performance improvements and battery usage optimization, and support for autofillers, Bluetooth 5, system-level integration with VoIP apps, wide color gamuts, and Wi-Fi Aware. Android Oreo also introduces two major platform features, including Android Go—a software distribution of the operating system for low-end devices, as well as support for implementing a hardware abstraction layer. SOURCE
Advantages of Android 8.1.0 Oreo Update for Asus ZenFone 2 Laser (Z00L/Z00T)
– Android Version Oreo 8.1.0
– Improve Your Smartphone Battery Life
– New Designs and Looks
– Much better and feature then Android 7.0 Nougat
– Block Advertised
– Full Notification Feature
– Get Latest Android version of your device
– Adaptive icons
Pre-Requirements before Update Asus ZenFone 2 Laser (Z00L/Z00T) to Android 8.1.0 Oreo [Lineage OS 15.1]
– This Lineage OS 15.1 Update Custom Rom is only for Asus ZenFone 2 Laser (Z00L/Z00T). Don’t try this method to update any other devices of Lineage OS 15.1.
– Make sure your device battery life is more than 70%.
– First you Must be installed TWRP Recovery before Update Asus ZenFone 2 Laser (Z00L/Z00T) to Android 8.1.0 Oreo.
– Download Lineage OS 15.1 for Asus ZenFone 2 Laser (Z00L/Z00T).
How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Asus ZenFone 2 Laser (Z00L/Z00T) (Android 8.1.0 Oreo)
1. First of all, Download all the files from above.
2. Now, Your device Asus ZenFone 2 Laser (Z00L/Z00T) must have Installed TWRP Recovery. If you have already installed it then skip this step.
3. Now You Boot your device into Recovery Mode by press and Hold “Volume Down + Power Button”.
4. After that You will see so many options on screen, So tap on the Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and click and swipe.
5. Now for confirmation select and click on Wipe Dalvik cache.
6. Now swipe to install ROM zip file and Flash zip file.
7. Now wait for installation complete of zip file.
8. After that, Tap on Reboot your Device.
9. All Done!!
Congratulations!! You successful install Lineage OS 15.1 on Asus ZenFone 2 Laser (Z00L/Z00T). If you fetch any Problems while installing Lineage OS 15.1 on Asus ZenFone 2 Laser (Z00L/Z00T)(Android Oreo), then comment below.