After the COVID-19 outbreak, most of the people are choosing to stay at home. To break the Coronavirus infection chain, it is very important to be at home quarantine. Coronavirus spreads through human to human via droplets. So, you’ll be safe unless you got direct contact with someone who has COVID-19. Because of this, most of the countries around the world are trying to fight against the COVID-19 pandemic. In most countries, Governments have declared nationwide lockdown. In this situation, video calling is the only solution to meet with your friends and family. There are many video callings apps are available. But in this, post, you’ll know how to use Google Hangouts to do the video calls.
Google Hangouts is a video communication software from Google. And using this app, you can do video calling, voice calling, chat, etc. Just like Skype, Google Hangouts also allows you to do group video calling. So, you can do virtual meetings using this app. So, you’ll get the guide about how to use Google Hangouts on your Android smartphone and PC below. And it’s very easy to use this app to do video calls with your friends and family.
Why Use Google Hangouts
There are many reasons to fall in love with Google Hangouts. First of all, it is one of the best alternatives to Skype. So, if you don’t like using Skype, you can try this app on any of your devices. And just like Skype, it supports most of the devices including Android, iOS and PC.
One of the best things about the Hangouts apps is, you don’t need to create an account or use your mobile number to use this app. Because it works with a Google Account. So, you can use your existing Google account to sign in to the app and then start video calling.
Hangouts is a completely free app from Google. So, you don’t have to spend any money to use this app to do video calling with your friends and family amid lockdown. You can do it for free without spending a single penny. However, you need an active Internet connection to use the Hangouts app.
Hangouts are one of the best alternatives to Skype and Zoom app which is in the trends. Zoom already got a lot of controversy about security. So, if you want a secure app to do video calls or to host online meetings, then Hangouts is one of the best video calling software.
As this platform is from Google, one of the largest tech giants in the world, you can expect the best security while doing video calls with your favorite ones. Google Hangouts is already used by millions of peoples worldwide. So, you can expect the best security of this app.
On hangouts, you can do meetings video calls with your employees also. And it’s also good for doing online webinars. On Hangouts, you can also share your screen with the participants.
Google Hangouts Features
- Video Calling: Hangouts is one of the best video calling platforms. You can use this app for doing video calls with your favorite ones for free. And it supports group video calling. You can do group video calling with 10 people’s at a time using this app. And it’s completely free to do that.
- Text Message, Voice Calls: Hangouts also allows you to send text messages to your contacts for free. You can send different attachments, emoji, stickers to your contacts. You can also use the voice calling feature of Hangouts to do voice calling with your contacts. Hangouts to Hangouts calls are free.
- Group: Amid this lockdown, you can create a friends group on Hangouts and add your friends to the group to do group chatting. You can add up to 150 people in a single group on Hangouts. So, just like Whatsapp, Hangouts also supports group chatting with your friends and family.
- Supports on All Platforms: When you are on PC, you can use Hangouts in your browser. For Android and iOS devices, it has dedicated app support. So, no matter which device you are using, you can use this app on any device you want. Different platforms support makes Hangouts one of the best video calling platforms.
How to Use Google Hangouts on the PC?
- First of all, click the link below to go to the Hangouts web page.
- From the upper right corner, click on ‘Sign in’.
- Now, use your Google account to sign into Hangouts.
- After login, you’ll see the Hangouts dashboard. There, you’ll find all your contacts that you can add to a group, do voice, video calls and chat.
The interface is very simple and elegant. So, you’ll find all the options on the dashboard page of Hangouts. From there, you can choose your favorite feature and use it through your browser window.
How to Use Hangouts on Android?
- To use Hangouts on your Android smartphone or tablet, first of all, download the Hangouts app on your Android device using the link below.
- After it finishes downloading, open it from your app drawer.
- Now, sign in to Hangouts using your Google accounts.
- That’s it. Now, you’ll be able to find all your contacts on Hangouts and do video calls with them.
Hangouts Chrome Extension
Hangouts have a dedicated chrome extension for Google Chrome users. So, if you want to use Hangouts regularly, instead of opening the Hangouts web page every time, you can add the hangouts extension to your Chrome browser and use it.
- First of all, download the Hangouts Chrome Extension from the link below.
- Open it.
- It’ll be automatically logged in.
- After logging in, you can use all the features of Hangouts from the Chrome extension itself. So, it’ll be very easy for you to use all the features.
So, guys, I hope you liked this post. If you liked, you can share it with your friends and family on social media platforms. If you have any questions, you can ask them in the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to give your feedback in the comment section.