Table of Contents
Download and Install Lineage OS 15 on LG K10 | Android 8.0 Oreo
Hello Guys, You want to update your LG K10 to Lineage OS 15? Then you are at the right place, Here’s the tutorial about How to Install Lineage OS 15 on LG K10. Follow our full guide to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on LG K10. Must read requirements and advantage – features of Lineage OS 15. Download Lineage OS 15 for LG K10 from Download section.
LG K10 Features:
- Display. 5.30-inch.
- Processor. 1.2GHz quad-core.
- Front Camera. 5-megapixel.
- Resolution. 720×1280 pixels.
- RAM. 2GB.
- OS. Android 5.1.
- Storage. 16GB.
- Rear Camera. 13-megapixel.
What is Lineage OS?
Lineage is one version or form of custom ROM which runs on Android Oreo 8.0, recently updated after google official launch. Android Oreo is the best version of android developed by google till date as it has certain improved features like picture mode, lock screen shortcuts, split screen, battery optimization and app various applications support. The lineage OS also contains all the feature that an Android Oreo OS would contain as its generally built keeping Google’s OS as base.
The recent version of lineage OS is in beta version or it is an unofficial version and contains certain bugs. So some functions may misbehave in your smart phone. For those who don’t want to risk their smart devices don’t go for this initial version wait for a stable version to release. We have mentioned steps to download and install Lineage OS 15 on LG K10.
UPDATEMYDROID.COM IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PHONE WHILE INSTALLING THIS UPDATE.
Android 8.0 Oreo features:
In addition to the features specified in above paragraphs Lineage OS 15 also contains some extra features listed below.
By using this feature you need not to remember details like email or password, the OS automatically save them and every time fills the field automatically. The user don’t have to enter it again and again.
2. Notification Dots:
In Android Nougat long pressing the home screen helps to see the applications option but in Android Oreo it is enhanced to showing notification of that application.
3. Updated Emoji:
Google has updated the blob containing emoji version of Android Nougat to blob-less emoji version in Android Oreo. Many images have been introduced enhance the messaging experience of user.
4. Adaptive Icons:
According to this feature we can easily change the look of default icon from default look to square, rounded and others. This helps in making you android user interface look cool and amazing.
5. Picture-In-Picture Mode:
Picture-in-Picture mode was newly introduced in Android Oreo and is reflected in home screen by a floating window in place of split screen.
6.Google Play Protect and 2X Boot time:
Google has introduced the feature of Google Play protect directly into the Google playstore to check whether installing the application is possible and safe in the targeted device or not. Also it keeps track of the storage used and different permissions taken by the application.
Also the boot time is reduced to 10 seconds from 15-20 seconds which was the case with Android Nougat.
These are the top 6 features of Android Oreo we found out to be useful but there are may more and if you want to know further please leave a comment below this article.
ALSO READ: Root and Install TWRP Recovery on LG Spirit
- You must have a device with its bootloader unlocked to install a custom ROM.
- Now you need to root your smart phone and install a custom recovery, we will recommend you to use TWRP as it works fine for Lineage OS.
- Also keep you phone charged above 50%.
- Download Lineage OS for LG K10 from below link.
How To Install Lineage OS 15 On LG K10 | Android 8.0 Oreo
1) We hope you have downloaded Lineage OS on LG K10 file and gapps from the above links.
2) Copy these files into your sd card or external storage. The reason why we don’t prefer internal storage is some users format whole device and end up with no file to install at last so it’s safe to keep them in external storage like sd card.
3) Reboot your device LG K10 into TWRP recovey mode by keep pressing the power and volume up keys.
4) Firstly backup your system file and data to be secure if you end up with no result.
5) Note to take this backup into sd card too.
6) Now go to wipe and then advanced wipe and clear everything other than sdcard and OTG.
7) Now go to install option and select sd card in storage option and select the file ROM you downloaded earlier to install.
8) After installing the ROM wipe the cache partition and install the gapps in the same way.
9) After successful completion of installation of gapps and the Lineage OS 15 ROM reboot your device.
That’s it, you are Successfully Install the Lineage OS 15 for LG K10.
If you face any problem while Install the Lineage OS 15 for LG K10(Android Oreo) or didn’t understood any steps feel free to comment below. We are always there to help you.